Friday, January 25, 2013
7 Quick Takes
(pictured clockwise starting with baby)
1. LL tried coffee for the first time. He took a sip, spit it out all over his shirt, and giggled.
2. I organized my pantry. See the basket? It now holds LL's growing batch of art supplies--ie, crayons, a coloring book, and play dough. I also found two bins in the dollar section at Target and use one for snacks and one for potatoes. My pantry isn't even that big, but it's amazing how quickly you end up buying duplicates of the same thing because you forget what you have--because you can't see it! It's nice to know at a glance what, exactly, we do or don't have for dinner!
3. I made Amish Soft Honey Whole Wheat Bread and (unlike my first attempt) this try was perfect. I had it for breakfast this morning with a thick slab of butter and black cherry jam. I die.
4. I also organized my bookshelf (nesting much?). I should have taken a before pic, because it was originally crammed with too many books and dust. Normally my toss-everything-that-you-don't-use philosophy bows to my love of collecting information, but in this case...mama needs a clean space. We took two or three big bags of books to Half Price and made enough to pay for dinner. Win!
5. Let's talk pregnancy. I didn't have (or at least didn't feel) any contractions with LL, but I am having some serious Braxton Hicks this time around. I'd always heard them described as "uncomfortable." I wouldn't describe mine as "painful," but...they're definitely a notch or two above "uncomfortable." And they tend to last all day. Have any of you moms out there felt the same?
6. I'm doing Beth Moore's scripture memory challenge this year. I am very excited. I talked my mom and my sisters into doing it, and you should do it too. This is my current verse for week #2.
7. I bought this, this, and the Whole Foods brand of lavender bath salts at Whole Foods this week. My bathroom smells incredible. I really think those people sit around and ask "what can we offer in our store that Sarah can't refuse buying?" And then they offer just exactly those things and I go broke every time I walk into that place. Whole Foods is my mother ship. Just more expensive.
Have a great weekend, everybody :).
Linking up with Jen, my all-time favorite Patton family, and Mary for