April 11, 2014

7 quick takes

With Jen.

1.  We went out for tacos last night. I've explained how picky we are about our Mexican food, but we've yet to find The Place here. Last night was good (I could swim in Torchy's Tacos queso), though. All it was missing was a margarita and my best friend/taco partner. 

2. Are you on Instagram? You should be. If you're not following me, you should, so I can follow you. I am reeeeeeally starting to like Instagram.


3. We're going on a sugar detox!

*groan*

I've been wanting to do one for a veeeerrrry loooonnnngggg time but haven't yet pulled the trigger. I figure, when you're demanding things from your body like nursing and growing a baby and caring for little ones on less than a full night's sleep, the least you could do is feed it well. Sugar is an energy trap, and I know if I could get through a detox, I'd feel nine million times better. I've seen a lot of detoxes, but I think we're going to do Diane Sanfilipo's 21 Day Sugar Detox. She's featured on Mom Conference today (only), so if it's still Friday, you should check out her interview about sugar. SO GOOD. 

4. I (finally) added my Rodan + Fields story to the blog! There might or might not be free samples involved, so you should check it out.

5. Freezer crockpot cooking ain't glamorous, but...I finally caved and bought Stephanie's Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes cookbook. It's good. I have Chicken Marsala in the crockpot now, and if it taste as good as it smells...

6. We watched Catching Fire the other night. I read the books a while back, enjoyed them, watched the first movie and can't really remember it...and I really, REALLY liked the second movie. My hubs wanted to know what happened in the third book, so I explained and (SPOILER!!!) when he guffawed about Catniss ending up with Peeta (Peta? Peeta.) instead of Gale, it took me a while to figure out why that actually felt right. I think I appreciated the character in the movie--so many people making sacrifices for others. Not in a over-romanticized, emo/hipster/sparkly kind of way, but in the kind of way people do when they're living for something higher or better than themselves. And Peeta kind of embodies that. And I fo sho have a girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence.

7.  Seven, huh? Wow, I'm really stretching. We went to the park for several hours this morning, then I gave the kids a bath, put one in her bed and one in mine, and absolutely expected them to both takes nice long naps. They went down an hour ago, and I don't think either has slept yet. It's gonna be a loooong rest of the day...


  photo blogsig_zps7a5eac24.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see what you think of the sugar detox program! I know I could certainly do with it... I like that this one has modifications for breastfeeding mums.

    I loved the second hunger games movie too! I saw it at the cinema with my mum when we were visiting Aus - she FELL ASLEEP (!!!) but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Have you seen/read Divergent yet? It has a similar feel, though not quite as good (not that I've seen the movie, but I've read the books).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to see the new Hunger Games film! It's killing me!

    J. Feeley
    Blogger
    http://www.catholictothemax.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! No seriously, I do!